Dental Implants in Chantilly, VA
An attractive smile is one of your most important tools in the social and professional arenas. Missing teeth due to injuries or other conditions can significantly dampen the impression you make on friends and colleagues. Investing in dental implants in Chantilly can pay off in increased confidence and improved reactions from those around you. Dental implants are a solid choice for business professionals and anyone else who wants to make a positive first impression on others. Here are some of the most essential facts patients considering dental implants should know.
What is a Dental Implant?
Dental implants are designed to replace your original tooth roots with titanium screws or posts, allowing other dental appliances to be securely attached to these anchor points. Dentists generally perform two types of dental implants procedure:
- Endosteal dental implants are the most commonly used procedures and are designed to attach directly into the jawbone for optimal strength and resilience.
- In cases where endosteal dental implants are not practical due to bone loss, dentists may perform subperiosteal procedures that place the dental implants under the gum line. As the gums heal around these subperiosteal implants, scar tissue is formed that holds the posts or screws in place, allowing attachment of an abutment and replacement teeth.
The type of procedure to be performed can have a significant impact on dental implants cost. Consulting with one of our experienced dentists can help you determine the right dental implants solution for your missing teeth.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
Your dental implants cost will depend on a number of factors:
- The condition of your gums and the bones in your jaw
- The amount of work required
- The type of procedure recommended by your dentist
We offer affordable dental implants that can transform your smile and help you feel more confident every day. If you need dental implants in Chantilly, we can deliver the best solutions and the most affordable options for your dental implants procedure.
Does Dental Insurance Cover Dental Implants?
In most cases, the answer is no. Dental implants insurance is relatively rare in the commercial dental plan industry. Our dental office can set up a payment plan to help you pay for our affordable dental implants. If you do have dental implants insurance, we can work with your plan to ensure the lowest out-of-pocket costs for your dental implants procedure. We are committed to helping you enjoy the benefits of dental implants at the lowest cost to you.
Dental Implant Procedure Steps
Your dental implants procedure will typically require two or more hours to complete and will involve the surgical insertion of these devices directly into the bone of your jaw or into your gums. An extended healing period that can last as long as six months is then necessary to ensure that your dental implants attach firmly to bone or tissue. After the fusion is complete, your dentist will attach a crown or bridge to your dental implants by using an intermediary appliance known as an abutment. This device is intended to provide a secure attachment point and to equalize pressure on the dental implants. Once your replacement crown or bridge is in place, you can enjoy the benefits of a gap-free smile and increased self-confidence in your daily life.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer significant advantages over dentures or removable bridges:
- The replacement teeth can be cared for and cleaned in the same way as your natural teeth, reducing the amount of work needed for good oral hygiene.
- Replacement crowns and bridges look and work just like your own teeth, allowing you to choose menu items with greater confidence.
- You will love the worry-free convenience and brand-new look provided by your dental implants and replacement teeth.
Dental implants are a proven method for improving your appearance and enhancing your quality of life.
Dental Implant Care
While you may be asked to take special care during the first few days after your dental implants surgery, your replacement teeth can be cleaned, brushed, and flossed in the same way as your natural teeth. This makes them a popular choice among busy professionals with little extra time to devote to oral hygiene.
Am I a Candidate for Implants?
A comprehensive evaluation of your health is required before determining if you are a good candidate for dental implant surgery. General health problems may restrict your ability to undergo these procedures. Modern advances in the dental implants field have expanded eligibility for these surgical options. Consulting with one of our experienced dentists is the best way to determine if dental implants are right for you.
How Long Do Dental Implants Last?
Your dental implants should last for at least 10 years under normal circumstances. Most patients report much longer success with their implants and replacement teeth. If you are considering dental implants, making an appointment with our office should be your first step toward achieving the perfect smile and the best solutions for missing teeth.